Coronavirus information for visitors
THE STUDIO IS REOPENING SOON!
**UPDATE on 24/11/20**
The studio will reopen for classes on 3rd December
** UPDATE on 4/11/20**
CLASSES POSTPONED: Due to the new government guidelines and lockdown, all classes for November have been postponed. Emails have been sent out with new provisional dates – if you haven’t heard please get in touch.
COLLECTION OF POTTERY: The studio is open for collection of your fired pottery. Once you’ve received an email please get in touch to arrange. Thank you and hope to see you all very soon.
Please be assured that as an educational venue, offering socially distanced experiences, my obligations regarding the latest guidelines are being followed. In all adults classes there are not more than six students.** For private bookings, and Kids Clay Time please see below.
THE studio reopened on the 7th July. All pre lockdown booked workshops have been honored and rescheduled.
The current terms & conditions regarding workshops and cancellations still apply. As a small independent business I express my deepest gratitude for your continued support and understanding through this time. Stay happy and healthy.
- SCHEDULED CLASSES: Classes are now running as advertised. Postponed classes have been rescheduled. The group size for most workshops is six people, private bookings for up to 8 people also welcome, please see guideline info below. **Kids Clay Time caters for eight children plus accompanying adults.
- ON ARRIVAL you will need to wash your hands. There is also hand sanitiser available. Face coverings are not mandatory as you will be spaced over 1m apart at all times, and students needn’t gather together during the class. The studio is spacious and well ventilated. If you prefer to wear a face covering, please provide your own.
- HEALTH If for any reason you or a member of your household feels unwell directly before or on the day of your class, please do not attend. If you become unwell soon after your class then do let Imogen know as soon as possible. Your details stored for booking will be used as a means of track and trace, only if required.
- GIFT VOUCHERS: All vouchers will remain valid for an extended period to cover those who cannot attend available classes. Booking is now open so please get in touch.
- COLLECTION OF POTTERY: All pottery from pre lockdown has now been fired and is ready to collect. Emails have been sent out to update everyone. Please GET IN TOUCH to arrange picking up your pots within 6 weeks of notification. Delivery by post can also be arranged.
As a pottery studio, cleanliness for health reasons is part of the course anyway. However extra measures are in place to ensure my studio is a happy environment to welcome you:
- Towels, cloths and aprons are always washed/replaced after each class
- All tables, wheels and tools are wiped down with a sterilizing solution
- Other surfaces such as handles and taps also cleaned regularly
- The studio is a controlled and safe environment, that doesn’t have constant access from the general public.
- Hand washing facilities (soap and hot water) and hand sanitiser
- Social distancing – class sizes are not more than 6 people – and there is plenty of space to be comfortable, with people at least 1m apart at all times.
It is critical that everybody observes the following key behaviours:
- HANDS – Wash your hands regularly and for 20 seconds.
- FACE – Wear a face covering in indoor settings where social distancing may be difficult, and where you will come into contact with people you do not normally meet.**
- SPACE – Stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place (such as wearing face coverings or increasing ventilation indoors).**
Restrictions on [Participation in] gatherings5.—(1) During the emergency period, no person may participate in a gathering which consists of more than six people unless—
- all the people in the gathering are from the same household, or are members of two households which are linked households in relation to each other
- operated by a business, a charitable, benevolent or philanthropic institution or a public body & [for the purposes of education or training]
- a “significant event gathering”- meaning a gathering for the purposes of a ceremony, rite or ritual— such as a wedding/related event.
- or supervised activities provided for children, including wraparound care (before and after school childcare), youth groups and activities, and children’s playgroups.
- REFERENCE LINK
Stay at home and use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if you get any of:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
You’ll usually be advised to stay at home and not go out for any reason (self-isolate). You usually need to do this for at least 7 days.