Coronavirus information for visitors
**UPDATE on 12/09/21**
COVID19 – A full risk assessment has been carried out and rules in place to minimise the risk of infection. Please be assured that as an educational venue, offering socially distanced experiences, my obligations regarding the latest guidelines are being followed. In all adults classes there are not more than six students.** For private bookings, and Kids Clay Time please see below.
The current terms & conditions regarding workshops and cancellations still apply. I cannot refund or exchange dates for last minute cancellations, whatever the reason. Please get in touch if you have any questions. Thank you.
- SCHEDULED CLASSES: Classes commmenced on the 17th May and are running as advertised. The group size for most workshops is six adults, private bookings for up to two households also welcome, please see guideline info below. **Kids Clay Time caters for eight children plus accompanying adults.
- PRIVATE BOOKINGS: In the event that your group workshop has to be postponed due to Government restrictions (lockdown) then deposits will be honored and moved to an alternative date within 12 months. If one of your group is unable to attend, the booking is still valid and cannot be moved to accomodate.
- ON ARRIVAL you will need to sanitise your hands. Face coverings may be required at certain times in your session, so please do bring your own. Students will be spaced over 1m apart at all times, and needn’t gather together during the class. The studio is spacious, well ventilated, and not open to the general public.
- HEALTH If for any reason you or a member of your household feels unwell directly before or on the day of your class, please do not attend. If you become unwell soon after your class then do let Imogen know as soon as possible. Your details stored for booking will be used as a means of track and trace, only if required.
- GIFT VOUCHERS: All vouchers will remain valid for an extended period to cover the time the studio has been closed due to government restrictions (lockdown) Read more
- COLLECTION OF POTTERY: Please GET IN TOUCH to arrange picking up your pots within 6 weeks of email notification. This can be contact free, or alernatively delivery by post.
As a pottery studio, cleanliness for health & safety is part of the course. However extra measures are in place to ensure my studio is a happy environment to welcome you:
- Towels, cloths and aprons are always washed/replaced after each class
- All tables, wheels and tools are wiped down with a sterilizing solution
- Other surfaces such as handles and taps also cleaned regularly
- The studio is well ventilated before and after each class.
- The studio is a controlled and safe environment, that doesn’t have constant access from the general public.
- Hand washing facilities (soap and hot water) and hand sanitiser
- Social distancing – class sizes are not more than 6 people – and there is plenty of space to be comfortable, with people at least 1m apart at all times.
It is critical that everybody observes the following key behaviours:
- HANDS – Wash your hands regularly and for 20 seconds.
- FACE – Wear a face covering in indoor settings where social distancing may be difficult, and where you will come into contact with people you do not normally meet.
- SPACE – Stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place (such as wearing face coverings or increasing ventilation indoors).
- Guidance on wearing face coverings
Stay at home and use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service if you get any of:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
You’ll usually be advised to stay at home and not go out for any reason (self-isolate). You usually need to do this for at least 7 days.