Make Memories to treasure at a pottery party!
STUDIO VISIT – what to expect
Experience hands on creativity at a pottery birthday party and make ceramic works of art to treasure! Brilliant fun for crafty kids and their friends to enjoy sculpting, squidging and shaping ideas to life using real clay.
- Parties are 2 hours long and start at 10:30am or 2:30pm
- Your pottery party will begin with a quick welcome to the studio & demo of techniques
- Throw a pot on the wheel & sculpt a mini masterpiece
- Eat cake while you finish creations with a splash of colourful underglaze paints
- Your creations will be fired & glazed ready to collect in around 4-6 weeks time (or delivery for P&P costs)
- Pottery parties are suitable for children aged 6-16 years (younger siblings welcome too!) For little ones under 8 years I recommend a few grown ups stay to assist.
More clay, less plastic!
We are very passionate about creating a wonderful experience without harming the planet. Moon Studio is decorated with beautiful fabric party bunting and have ceramic plates and cups for you to serve food to guests – well we are a pottery studio after all! We therefore kindly request that you don’t bring balloons, plastic party bags, and such items to the studio for the party and to choose more environmentally kind alternatives.
For more information about green kids birthday party ideas, please take a look at the links at the bottom of this page, send us an email and we’ll be happy to assist.
Children’s Pottery Parties
Throw a pot on the wheel, sculpt a mini masterpiece and then decorate creations with colourful underglaze paints. Imogen will glaze and kiln fire them, ready for collection later. Pottery parties are suitable for children aged 6-16 years (younger siblings welcome too!) For little ones under 8 years we recommend a few grown ups stay to assist.
You’re welcome to bring nibbles & cake, buffet style works best. This can be eaten during painting time at the end. There are plates and cups at the studio for you to use, as well as a kettle.
- FIRED CLAY – £144 for up to 8 children, and £18 per child up to a maximum of 12
- A non-refundable deposit of £30 is required at time of booking and the remaining balance one week before the party date.
Pop up pottery party
Pop Up Pottery – Are you hiring out a venue for your party or do you have a large garden or outdoor space? Moon Studio is mobile and can bring everything to you. We have a gazebo, tables, benches and even portable pottery wheels! Get in touch for a bespoke party.
Choose a Fired Clay workshop if you want your creations to be glazed and fired. Alternatively a Make & Take workshop uses air drying clay which means no need to be kiln fired and pieces can be taken home on the day – ideal for little ones 4-6 years old.
- MAKE & TAKE – £96 for up to 8 children, and £12 per child up to a maximum of 12 *
- FIRED CLAY – £160 for up to 8 children, and £20 per child up to a maximum of 12 *
*This is the basic price for Pop Up Pottery and doesn’t include the wheel, please get in touch for full options.
Pottery parties aren’t just for kids! Find out more here
What you say…
“Can thoroughly recommend the children’s parties, my 6yr old had a fabulous time at her party and the children loved making something to keep forever”
“Just want to say a big thank you for an amazing party today. All 12 girls truly enjoyed themselves. Imogen was a great teacher, guiding and offering advice to the girls whilst allowing them to use their own creativity on their masterpieces. The two hours just flew by! Can’t wait to collect the finished pieces in a few weeks time. Highly recommended! Thank you once again” Alison