Make Memories to treasure at a pottery party!
what to expect
Experience hands on creativity at a pottery birthday party and make ceramic works of art to treasure! Brilliant fun for crafty kids and their friends to enjoy sculpting, squidging and shaping ideas to life using real clay
Throw a pot on the wheel, sculpt a mini masterpiece and then decorate creations with colourful underglaze paints. Imogen will glaze and kiln fire them, ready for collection later. Pottery parties are suitable for children aged 6-16 years (younger siblings welcome too!) For little ones under 8 years we recommend a few grown ups stay to assist.
You’re welcome to bring nibbles & cake, buffet style works best. This can be eaten during painting time at the end. There are plates and cups at the studio for you to use, as well as a kettle, all free of charge.
- Parties are 2 hours long and start at 10:30am or 2:30pm
- Your pottery party will begin with a demo of techniques
- Start creating! Everyone gets to throw a pot on the wheel & sculpt a mini masterpiece
- Eat cake while you finish creations with a splash of colourful underglaze paints
- Your creations will be fired & glazed ready to collect in around 6 weeks time
- Pottery parties are suitable for children aged 6-16 years (younger siblings welcome too!) For little ones under 8 years I recommend a few grown ups stay to assist.
- £160 for up to 8 children, and £20 per child up to a maximum of 12
- A non-refundable deposit of £30 is required at time of booking and the remaining balance one week before the party date.
More clay, less plastic!
Moon Studio Ceramics is proud to be awarded SAS Plastic Free Business champion status. We are very passionate about creating a wonderful experience without harming the planet. We therefore kindly request that you don’t bring balloons, plastic party bags or other single use plastic items to the studio for the party and choose more environmentally kind alternatives. Moon Studio is decorated with beautiful fabric party bunting and have ceramic plates and cups for you to serve food to guests – well we are a pottery studio after all!
For simple tips on plastic free birthday party ideas, please take a look at the links at the bottom of this page. Thank you.
How to throw an eco-friendly party
What you say…
“I just wanted to say a huge thank you for hosting Isla’s birthday party! Her and her friends had the best time and we really appreciated your guidance and patience with all the children. Isla has told anyone who listens about her birthday party with a real artist!”
“Thank you so much for giving Samantha the best 10th Birthday party ever. The children and I thoroughly enjoyed our morning and thank you for your kindness and amazing efforts in your teaching and organisation. You were simply brilliant and I think we all have the pottery bug now! We shall look forward to seeing the finished masterpieces in due course!” Lucy
“Just want to say a big thank you for an amazing party today. All 12 girls truly enjoyed themselves. Imogen was a great teacher, guiding and offering advice to the girls whilst allowing them to use their own creativity on their masterpieces. The two hours just flew by! Can’t wait to collect the finished pieces in a few weeks time. Highly recommended! Thank you once again” Alison