A pottery class is a relaxed and enjoyable way to share some creative time with friends and family. Brilliant for birthday parties, crafy hens and mixed age groups. No experience necessary as full tuition provided throughout your session. It’s time to get creative and share some fabulous memories.
Pottery hen parties. Give the bride to be a hen do to remember and commemorate the day in clay. This crafty hen party will get everyone having fun!
STUDIO VISIT – what to expect
We will begin with a quick demo of techniques. Everyone will get to throw a pot on the wheel & and create a handmade masterpiece using clay modeling techniques. Finish by painting your creations with coloured underglaze paints. Your work will then be glazed and fired ready for collection 6-8 weeks later.
Your pots will be fired & glazed ready to collect around 6-8 weeks time. You are welcome to bring nibbles and drinks, optional crockery for use and lots & lots of lovely clay!
*Note: Two techniques option for classes of three or more hours. Price includes making and firing of up to two pieces of pottery each
- Studio crockery can be hired for £5
- Aprons can be hired for £2 each
included in your party package
- Private tuition for your group
- Use of studio and equipment
- Clay and materials
- Glazing & Firing of finished pieces
- Kettle & water for drinks*
- TWO HOUR PARTY – £180 for between 2 to 4 people. Choose one make – either potters wheel or soft slab vase*.
- THREE HOUR PARTY – £300 for up to 6 people, then £45 per person up to a maximum of 10 (Larger groups can be catered for by arrangement)
- A non-refundable deposit of £50 is required at time of booking and the remaining balance one week before the party date
- Book a date of your choice – parties available Thursday to Saturday start at 2:30pm. Sundays at 10am Evening bookings available during summer!
More clay, less plastic!
Imogen is very passionate about creating a wonderful experience without harming the planet. Moon Studio is decorated with beautiful fabric party bunting. Ceramic plates and cups are available to hire for you to serve food to guests – well it is a pottery studio after all! Imogen kindly asks that you don’t bring balloons, plastic party bags and similar single use items to the studio, and choose more environmentally kind alternatives. Thank you for choosing green!
A wedding anniversary with a twist! Did you know that the 9th year is celebrated with pottery? Make the occasion extra special by getting creative with clay. Craft your own commemorative pots & share a pottery wheel experience together. They can then either be painted with colourful underglaze paints, or choose a glaze for Imogen to fire them with later. Prices are for two people inclusive of materials and firing for one mug or small pot each.
- Two hour – £180
Come and make your own wedding favours! Perfect for creative couples, who want to add a homemade touch. Imogen can work with you to help you design favours that compliment your wedding – you can choose the shape, pattern stamp and even add text to give them the personal flourish. They can then either be painted with colourful underglaze paints, or choose a glaze for Imogen to fire them with later. Prices are for two people, cost of clay and firing is extra depending on how many favours you want to make.
- One hour – £90
- Two hour – £180