This pottery class is an introduction to clay and ceramics, and runs on a Saturday morning.
The class will start with a demo of the techniques you’ll be using to create your own pottery. You’ll make a pot using soft slabs of clay, and learn how to apply surface decoration and pattern. Then try your hand at the potters wheel. Finish off your creations by painting with colourful underglazes.
- Class sizes are small & welcoming with a maximum of six students per group, ensuring plenty of tuition. Classes are suitable for over 16s only.
- Please dress for mess! Bring a small hand towel, and apron if you have one. Studio apron hire is £2. Short nails are also recommended.
- Your pottery will be glazed and fired, ready for you to collect 6-8 weeks later (or delivery for P&P costs). See the pottery collection page for details.
The price (of £60) per person includes tuition, materials & kiln firing. You can expect to make two pieces of pottery to be fired.
*If booking with a gift voucher please get in touch for a coupon code.
Moon Studio Ceramics, Hawthorn Farm Buildings, Lyndhurst Road, Christchurch,
Dorset BH23 7AB
– The studio is in a converted barn and our toilet is a cabin across the yard. Unfortunately we don’t currently have baby changing or wheel chair access.
– By Car: There is free parking on site. The car park is about 30 meters walk to the studio which is on the ground floor. By Public Transport: The nearest train station is Hinton Admiral which is about a 5 minute taxi ride away. If you have any questions regarding accessibility, please do get in touch.