The Introduction to Throwing focuses on learning to use the potters wheel, and is ideal for beginners.
Imogen will first demonstrate how to prepare, centre and shape your clay. You will then be guided step by step through the process, each potter will have their own wheel. After this you’ll be able to work at your own pace, supported with tuition, practicing to create your perfect pots! At the end of the session, you can choose your top two pots of the day to have fired, using one of the studio glazes.
- Class sizes are small & welcoming with a maximum of six students per group, ensuring plenty of tuition. Courses are suitable for over 16s only.
- Please dress for mess! Bring a small hand towel, and apron if you have one. Studio apron hire is £2. Short nails are also recommended.
- Your pottery will be glazed and fired, ready for you to collect 6-8 weeks later (or delivery for P&P costs). See the pottery collection page for details.
The price (of £60) per person includes tuition, materials & kiln firing of two pots. You can expect to make up to two pieces of pottery to be fired.
*If booking with a gift voucher please get in touch for a coupon code.
Moon Studio Ceramics, Hawthorn Farm Buildings, Lyndhurst Road, Christchurch,
Dorset BH23 7AB
– The studio is in a converted barn and our toilet is a cabin across the yard. Unfortunately we don’t currently have baby changing or wheel chair access.
– By Car: There is free parking on site. The car park is about 30 meters walk to the studio which is on the ground floor. By Public Transport: The nearest train station is Hinton Admiral which is about a 5 minute taxi ride away. If you have any questions regarding accessibility, please do get in touch.