In the Pottery Experience Day you will create your own mini tableware set. Make a cup, small plate & bowl. The class begins with a demonstration of the techniques you will be using to create your pottery; The morning you will be taking it in turns to throw on the potters wheel. After lunch, we turn to hand building methods pinch & slab to create more wares. You’ll also learn how to apply surface pattern. At the end of the day, choose three of your creations to paint with colourful underglazes.
- Class sizes are small & welcoming with a maximum of six students per group, ensuring plenty of tuition. Courses are suitable for over 16s only.
- Please dress for mess! Bring a small hand towel, and apron if you have one. Studio apron hire is £2. Short nails are also recommended.
- Complimentary refreshments, please bring a packed lunch.
- Your pottery will be glazed and fired, ready for you to collect 6-8 weeks later (or delivery for P&P costs). See the pottery collection page for details.
The price (of £100) per person includes tuition, materials & kiln firing. You can expect to make one of each item (cup, plate, bowl) Additional pots can be fired at a cost of £5 payable on the day
*If booking with a gift voucher please get in touch for a coupon code
Moon Studio Ceramics, Hawthorn Farm Buildings, Lyndhurst Road, Christchurch, Dorset BH23 7AB
– The studio is in a converted barn and our toilet is a cabin across the yard. Unfortunately we don’t currently have baby changing or wheel chair access.
– By Car: There is free parking on site. The car park is about 30 meters walk to the studio which is on the ground floor. By Public Transport: The nearest train station is Hinton Admiral which is about a 5 minute taxi ride away. If you have any questions regarding accessibility, please do get in touch.