The Throwing Experience Day focuses on using the potters wheel, and is suitable for beginners and improvers alike.
Imogen will demonstrate how to prepare, centre and shape your clay. You will then be guided step by step through the process, after which you’ll be encouraged to work at your own pace, practicing to create your perfect pots! After a short lunch break, we will look at how to make different forms from vases to jugs.Your pottery will be glazed and fired, ready for collection around 6 weeks later (or delivery for P&P costs).
- Class sizes are small & welcoming with a maximum of six students per group, ensuring plenty of tuition. Courses are suitable for over 16s only.
- Please dress for mess! Bring a small hand towel, and apron if you have one. Studio apron hire is £2. Short nails are also recommended.
- Complimentary refreshments, please bring a packed lunch.
The price (of £120) per person includes tuition, materials & kiln firing. You can expect to make up to three pieces of pottery to be fired. Additional pots can be fired for a fee of £5 payable on the day.
*If booking with a gift voucher please get in touch for your coupon code.
Moon Studio Ceramics, Hawthorn Farm Buildings, Lyndhurst Road, Christchurch, Dorset BH23 7AB
– The studio is in a converted barn and our toilet is a cabin across the yard. Unfortunately we don’t currently have baby changing or wheel chair access.
– By Car: There is free parking on site. The car park is about 30 meters walk to the studio which is on the ground floor. By Public Transport: The nearest train station is Hinton Admiral which is about a 5 minute taxi ride away. If you have any questions regarding accessibility, please do get in touch.