Learn how to make pots on the potters wheel! The Throwing Experience Day is suitable for beginners and improvers alike.
Imogen will demonstrate how to prepare, centre and shape your clay. Each potter will have their own wheel for the day. This class really immerses you in the process. You will learn a lot and feel a real sense of acheivement by the end of the day. What’s more, you’ll have some of your own handmade ceramics as a reminder. You will be guided step by step through the process of making cylinders (cups), before moving onto making bowls. After lunch, another demo of how to make different forms. You’ll be encouraged to work at your own pace, practicing to create your perfect pots! At the end of the day you’ll have lots of pots, and choose your top three to be glazed and fired.
- Complimentary refreshments, please bring a packed lunch.
- Class sizes are small & welcoming with a maximum of seven students per group, ensuring plenty of tuition. Courses are suitable for over 16’s only.
- Please dress for mess! Bring a small hand towel, and apron if you have one. Studio apron hire is £2. Short nails are also recommended.
- Your pottery will be glazed and fired, ready for you to collect 6-8 weeks later (or delivery for P&P costs). See the pottery collection page for details.
The price (of £130) per person includes tuition, materials & kiln firing. You can expect to keep up to three pieces of pottery to be fired.
*If booking with a gift voucher please get in touch for your coupon code.
Moon Studio Ceramics, Hawthorn Farm Buildings, Lyndhurst Road, Christchurch, Dorset BH23 7AB
– The studio is in a converted barn and our toilet is a cabin across the yard. Unfortunately we don’t currently have baby changing or wheel chair access.
– By Car: There is free parking on site. The car park is about 30 meters walk to the studio which is on the ground floor. By Public Transport: The nearest train station is Hinton Admiral which is about a 5 minute taxi ride away. If you have any questions regarding accessibility, please do get in touch.