The Throwing Taster Class is an introduction to using the potters wheel, and runs on a Friday morning.
Imogen will first demonstrate how to prepare, centre and shape your clay. You will then be guided step by step through the process, each potter will have their own wheel. After this you’ll be able to work at your own pace, supported with tuition, practicing to create your perfect pots! At the end of the session, you can choose your top two pots to have fired, using one of the studio glazes.
- Class sizes are small & welcoming with a maximum of seven students per group, ensuring plenty of tuition. Courses are suitable for over 16’s only.
- Please dress for mess! Bring a small hand towel, and apron if you have one. Studio apron hire is £2. Short nails are also recommended.
- Your pottery will be glazed and fired, ready for you to collect 6-8 weeks later (or delivery for P&P costs). See the pottery collection page for details.
The price (of £70) per person includes tuition, materials & kiln firing. You can expect to keep up to two pieces of pottery to be fired.
*If booking with a gift voucher please get in touch for a coupon code.
Moon Studio Ceramics, Hawthorn Farm Buildings, Lyndhurst Road, Christchurch,
Dorset BH23 7AB
– The studio is in a converted barn and our toilet is a cabin across the yard. Unfortunately we don’t currently have baby changing or wheel chair access.
– By Car: There is free parking on site. The pottery is about 30 meters walk from the car park, and is on the ground floor. By Public Transport: The nearest train station is Hinton Admiral which is about a 5 minute taxi ride away. If you have any questions regarding accessibility, please do get in touch.