Clay Away Days
Take time to get to know your colleagues! Come and make pottery. Moon Studio Ceramics provides the perfect setting for your team to engage comfortably with each other.
Learn new skills – working with clay is a great means for exploring ideas and discovering new ways of thinking. Workshops are designed to encourage and nurture personal development, self directed learning and support for each others ideas. This is a hands on activity, and great for wellbeing, where else would you want to spend time having a good time and learning about each other’s strengths and attributes.
Imogen can offer a range of clay projects exploring various making techniques including the potter’s wheel, hand building, collaborative tile murals and more. This can be a half or full day and tailored to you.
STUDIO VISIT – what to expect
We will begin with a short demo of techniques. It’s then over to you to get making! Everyone will get to throw a pot on the wheel & choose one other hand building project*. Finish by decorating your creations with coloured underglaze paints.
Your work will be fired & glazed ready to collect in around 6-8 weeks time. You are welcome to bring nibbles and drinks, optional studio crockery for use.
*Note: Two techniques option for classes of three or more hours. Price includes making and firing of up to two pieces of pottery each.
Dress for mess – bring your own apron, or hire one;
- Aprons can be hired for £2 each
- Studio crockery can be hired for £5
More clay, less plastic!
Imogen is very passionate about creating a wonderful experience without harming the planet. Moon Studio is decorated with beautiful fabric party bunting. Ceramic plates and cups are available to hire for you to serve food to guests – well it is a pottery studio after all! Imogen kindly asks that you don’t bring balloons, plastic party bags and similar single use items to the studio, and choose more environmentally kind alternatives. Thank you for choosing green!
- THREE HOURS – £300 for up to 6 people, then £50 per person up to a maximum of 10
- SIX HOURS – £750 for up to 12 people
- Larger groups and pop up events can be catered for by arrangement
- Book a date of your choice – available Thursday to Saturday start at 2:30pm. Sundays at 10am Evening bookings available during summer
- A non-refundable deposit of £50 is required at time of booking and the remaining balance one week before your workshop date